The Tourism course is the only trilingual course of its kind in Switzerland. Students can choose to study in German, French or English, or combine two national languages to obtain a bilingual (French-German) distinction. Students can also take advantage of international exchange programmes for a semester and/or as the final internship.
Based on five key areas, this course focuses on practical aspects especially in the second semester of third year, which is entirely spent working in a company and writing the undergraduate dissertation. During first year and second year, students study key aspects of tourism:
- Tourism Economy and Industry
- Tourism Management and Finance
- Communication, Culture and Society, PR and Media
- Languages (German, French, English, Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, Italian and Russian)
In the first semester of third year, students can tailor their studies via various specialised course options: E-tourism, Destination Development and Management, Sports and Health Tourism, Business and Cultural Tourism, Event Management, Personal Development and Leadership, Crisis Management, Mobility Tourism, etc. Students in their last year of studies have the opportunity to focus on entrepreneurship through the Business Experience course, which helps set up start-ups.
Distribution of ECTS throughout the course
|The tourism economy and industry 13% |
|Tourism management and finances 13%|
|Marketing 13% |
|Options & innovation 19%|
|Internship and Bachelor thesis 17%|
Course organisation and fees
A contribution to course fees may be charged. This varies depending on the school. Please enquire with the relevant admissions department.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science HES-SO in Tourism are likely to work in the management or promotion of:
- tourist destinations
- travel industry companies (travel agencies, tour operators)
- accommodation providers (real estate agencies, hotels)
- transport companies (ski lifts, railways, bus companies , airlines)
- event management companies (congress centres, cultural management, sports management)
- leisure and wellness related businesses
For additional information on the conditions of admission and registration, please contact the school where you wish to study.