Please read the following information carefully before filling out the online registration form at the bottom of this page.
- It is mandatory to meet all admission requirements in order to be admitted to this Master's programme.
- You will receive a confirmation by e-mail when your application has been received by our office.
- Your application will be reviewed by an admission committee. You will be notified of the decision no longer than 2 months after sending your application.
- If you are admitted, you will be invited to a welcome day, before the start of the academic year, the week of the September 19, 2022.
You are required to provide the following documents in PDF format (max. 2 MB) and your picture in JPEG format :
- Cover letter
- Identity document (other than a residency permit)
- Good quality picture, jpeg format, 385x480 pixels (around 20 KB)*
- Residence permit, for those who already have one
- Swiss social security card or Insurance card
- Maturity, Baccalaureate or High School certificate (or equivalent), both sides, with the registration sticker visible**
- Summary of grades of the Maturité, Baccalauréat or High School certificate (or equivalent formation)
- Qualifying diploma for a Master’s-level programme (Bachelor’s degree or a qualification deemed equivalent)***
- Exmatriculation Certificate (only required for candidates who studied in Switzerland)
- Summary of grades of the qualifying diploma for a Master’s level programme (Bachelor’s degree or qualification deemed equivalent)
- Language certificate, level B2, in English
- Official work experience certificate (on company letterhead, with a handwritten signature). With the exception of holders of a Swiss UAS Bachelor's degree in a subject related to the Master's degree, candidates must have at least 6 months full-time professional experience in the field, completed prior to the start of the Master's programme. The work certificate has to be issued and signed by the company on the company stationary. It should contain the following elements: dates of the internships or professional experience, indication of full- or part-time job and a short description of the activities.
The language of teaching in the MLS programme is English. Candidates must have Level B2 linguistic skills in English, in accordance with the Council of Europe reference document for the European Language Portfolio.
If you are still in the process of completing your Bachelor or equivalent, you will be required to certify that you have successfully completed your Bachelor studies before the beginning of the Masters studies.
*The picture will be used for your student's card.
**The registration sticker is a label attached to your certificate (sometimes on the summary of grades of your maturité or Baccalauréat), indicating your immatriculation number. If you have never studied at a Swiss higher education establishment, you will not have this number; if this is the case, please provide simply a copy of your certificate.
***If you have not completed the studies for this diploma yet, please provide the proof of registration for the current semester and/or the last transcripts you received. A certificate of completion and an exmatriculation certificate will be required before the start of studies.
If the qualifying diploma for a Master’s-level programme (Bachelor’s degree or a qualification deemed equivalent) and its transcript are not in French, German, Italian or English, please also send us translations into one of these languages certified by an authorised translator.
You may withdraw your registration at any time until two weeks after the beginning of academic year, without incurring any charges. After that date, you will be charged the semester fee (CHF 750.-). If you wish to do so, please inform us at the following address: admissions.master(at)hes-so.ch .