MasterLife Sciences (MLS)
Industrial Life Sciences
- Applied Biosciences (AB) new Major
- Chemical Development & Production (CDP)
- Bioconversions and Bioprocesses (BB) no longer available
Applied Environmental and Natural Resources Sciences
Food, Consumer Health and Enology
The Master of Science HES-SO in Life Sciences is offered in cooperation with three other Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences, namely the: Berner Fachhochschule BFH, Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz FHNW, and Zürcher Fachhochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften ZHAW. This cooperation enables students to exchange their professional experiences and expand their personal networks. The curriculum is divided into
- Central modules related to Entrepreneurial Skills (3 x 4 ECTS credits; one-week blocks in Spiez) and to Advanced Life Science Skills
(6 x 3 credits; in Bern, for 3 consecutive Thursdays and Fridays);
- Specialisation Skills related to the particular majors (5 x 4 credits; each major module is 1 day either on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday and held in one semester); and the
- Master’s project including the Research Proposal & Bibliography
(4 credits), a major project (6 ECTS credits), and the Master’s Thesis itself (30 credits; full-time in the last semester).
Candidates may apply to enroll on a full- (3 semesters), or part-time
(5 semesters) basis. The fulltime schedule is presented below:
The Master of Science HES-SO in Life Sciences is internationally recognised.
Master graduates will be able to occupy leadership positions in national and international companies as well as in government agencies and non-governmental organizations.
They are heading teams and manage interdisciplinary projects in:
- Research & Development
- Quality Management
- Marketing and Business Managment
Head of the Master Life Sciences
T + 41 58 900 01 10