- Grant sum: max. 15 kCHF
- Project duration: up to 12 months
- Eligible partner countries: ASEAN member states: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Submission deadline: 30 September 2022
- Earliest project start date: February 2023
Goals and objectives
The goal of the Research Partnership Grants ASEAN is to establish new scientific collaborations between Switzerland-based scientists and collaborators in one or multiple ASEAN member states: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam. Research Partnership Grants ASEAN can be used to initiate new collaborative projects and/or establish new partnerships with scientific institutions in the partner countries.
Objectives of the Research Partnership Grants ASEAN:
- To initiate new collaborative projects between Switzerland-based scientists and scientists affiliated to a university or research institute in one of the ASEAN member states.
- To establish new research partnerships of mutual interest and benefit.
- To develop a joint project proposal to be submitted to larger funding agencies (national funding agencies or EU funding schemes).
The call is open to all scientific disciplines and fields of research, including social sciences and humanities.
Professors, senior scientists and postdocs of Swiss federal and cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and universities of teacher education, as well as public research institutes, are eligible to apply. Please check the eligible institutions here.
The Switzerland-based scientist is the main applicant and Principal Investigator (PI) of the project.
Asian-based scientists interested in acting as co-applicants have to contact their Switzerland-based peers. The Leading House Asia does not offer match-making services.
Application process, call documents and contact details are available on the website of the Leading House Asia.