The day will be divided into two parts:
The first half-day will start with an introduction to the definition of Data Management Plans (DMPs), as well as an update on the emergence of DMP requests when funding is sought for research in Switzerland. In this context, the SNSF Open Research Data policy will be presented.
In a second step, the different parts of the DMPs sent to the SNSF will be discussed and exemplified:
- Data collection and documentation.
- Ethical, legal and security considerations.
- Repository and preservation of data.
- Data sharing and reuse.
Finally, some tools to assist in the development of DMPs will be discussed.
The second half-day will be practice-oriented. The participants will fill in their DMPs on the basis of their own research, or on the basis of fictitious research that will be proposed. The work will be discussed together.
At the end of the course, participants will know:
- what are the aims and issues related to DMPs
- how to complete a DMP on your own
- the tools and documentation to help complete a DMP
This training will be given in English.