MasterMusic Composition and Theory
- Composition (HEM-Genève, HEMU for the jazz profile)
- Mixed Music Composition (HEM-Genève)
- Music Theory (HEM-Genève, classical and ancient music profile)
The Master of Arts in Music Composition and Theory prepares students for a professional career in the creative capacity of composer and/or in a teaching or scientific capacity in relation to music theory.
This demanding degree course is aimed at a small number of students who demonstrate creative and/or research skills enabling them to aim for a professional career in these fields. .
In addition to the classical music profile, available on all the campuses, there are also two specialist profiles:
- Jazz and contemporary music, at the Haute Ecole de Musique de Lausanne
- Ancient music, at the Haute école de musique de Genève.
Course organisation and fees
- The Composition major prepares students for a career as a composer, with a written approach using a very wide variety of forms and performers: instrumental ensembles, orchestral ensembles, voices, etc. Mixed Music composers, for their part, combine acoustic instruments and technological methods for processing and synthesising acoustic signals.
- The Music Theory major prepares students for the professional teaching of music theory at university-schools of music. There is a second option, oriented towards music theory research.