The course is divided into three parts of 30 credits each:
- theory modules;
- professional specialisation modules;
- Master's thesis relating to an AR&D project proposed by a company.
This Master's level course focuses both on the development of personal, methodological and entrepreneurial skills and on the expansion of technical know-how, preparing students for the role of project managers working for enterprises.
Aimed to the 35 % best students with UAS Engineering diploma or equivalent, the MSE//HES-SO course draws on specially selected teaching staff and ressources in the different HES-SO schools.
The HES-SO course stands out against the background of other Master's degree courses in Switzerland and abroad in the following aspects:
- its orientation towards the requirements of the employment market, in particular that of small and medium enterprises;
- its strong emphasis on professional practice;
- the high ratio of teaching staff to students;
- The substantial amount of the course content that is left to the choice of the student.
Course organisation and fees
CHF 250 per semester (study costs)