International recognition of HES degrees

In principle, for the purpose of access to regulated professions (recognition relating to the labour market), UAS diplomas are recognised as university degrees; that is, they correspond to at least three years of education at a university. There is an exception for architecture diplomas.

If you need certification for the purpose of recognition of this diploma in an EU/EFTA member state or a state that is not a member of the EU/EFTA, this certification may be requested from the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation SERI.

Member States of the UE/EFTA

No-Member States of the UE/EFTA


HES-SO Rectorate
Route de Moutier 14
2800 - Delémont
T +41 58 900 00 00 - F +41 58 900 00 01
By continuing to browse this site, you agree to the use of cookies to improve your user experience and to provide website statistics.