Diploma Supplement (DS)
The HES-SO freely and automatically provides a Diploma Supplement to students in the Bachelor's and Master’s programmes, as well as those in the Master’s of Advanced Studies and Executive Master of Business Administration continuing studies programmes.
The Diploma Supplement (DS) is a standardised document at European level that was developed by UNESCO, the Council of Europe, and the European Commission. Accompanying a higher education degree, it aims to improve international transparency and the clarity of the information provided, as well as to facilitate academic and professional recognition of qualifications.
The Diploma Supplement brings
- an accurate description of your academic curriculum and competencies acquired during your studies;
- a passport allowing mobility and the pursuit of studies abroad, and
- a clear understanding of your degree’s content and value in Switzerland and abroad.
The Diploma Supplement is not
- a curriculum vitae;
- the original qualification or a summary of grades, or
- a guarantee of recognition of qualifications.