The Bachelor of Arts in Contemporary Dance offered by the HES-SO at la Manufacture and at the ZHdK is unique in Switzerland.
International collaborations are central to the programme, enabling students, during the course of their studies, to learn many choreographic languages and to meet well-known figures from both educational and professional spheres.
The ZHdK collaborates with Codarts/Rotterdam, while la Manufacture collaborates with P.A.R.T.S/Brussels. Students from both schools also take some of their theory courses at the University of Berne.
Developed in Lausanne, the “Creation” specialisation is in line with the pedagogic vision developed within la Manufacture since 2003, which trains artists to be autonomous. Keywords common to the dance and theatre departments (support, technical reinforcement, practice, experimentation, reflexive approach, independence, responsibility) will facilitate the development of synergies between both fields of study.
Course organisation and fees
(Entrance examination fee: CHF 80.-.)
A contribution to course fees may be charged. This varies depending on the school. Please enquire with the relevant admissions department.
The professional field is one of considerable international scope and great mobility.
- Independent Theatre: performances in venues devoted to dance; festivals; tours.
- Institutional companies: ballets and ensembles.
- Broader professional fields: interdisciplinary collaborations with other arts (theatre, opera, video, film), mediation activities, community dance, showacts, musicals, etc.
- Access to Masters-level programmes in choreography, dance education or other performing arts.
Un concours d’admission est organisé chaque année, à l'issue duquel la Manufacture compose une promotion de douze danseuses et danseurs.
Dates du prochain concours d’entrée:
- Clôture des inscriptions: 16 février 2015
- 1er tour des auditions à Lausanne: 12-15 mars 2015
- 2e tour des auditions à Lausanne: 6-9 avril 2015